A Third Of UK Households Predicted To Move Post Lockdown.
26th April 2021
26th April 2021
Hybrid working options and lifestyle changes are two key elements behind these figures.
Is East London the answer?
Almost a third of the UK households are making plans to change living arrangements due to lockdown experiences, moving home permanently and citing remote working as the main factor.
According to a new national survey of 2,000 households by property developer Romal Capital, 31% are planning to change their living arrangements following successive lockdowns and remote-working experiences.
The ability to combine working from home and in the office in a hybrid working environment influenced more than a quarter of respondents (26%) to consider relocation. Remote working aside, 26% mentioned the need for suitable jobs in the local area.
Greg Malouf, Romal Capital’s CEO, comments: “We’re seeing a paradigm shift in how this country wants to live and work.
“Hybrid working options and lifestyle changes are two key elements driving this change in behaviour. The current UK housing market simply does not match this new reality, and with these changing demands, needs to be a country-wide rethink on meeting housing needs.”
This news doesn’t come as too much of a shock after keeping a close eye on market trends. But it does leave me with a question; “What can East London offer for those wanting a better balance in home & office working, and lifestyle?”
So, here are a few reasons why East London just might be the perfect location for those looking for a change.
1. East London has a well-drilled transport infrastructure.
2. Some of the capitals best green spaces are in East London. Allowing you the chance to exercise, enjoy the outdoors and escape from the world.
3. The East London property market full of choice.
4. Canary Wharf and the City of London are only a short distance away, whilst the West End and links out of London are easily accessible.
5. The employment opportunities in London goes without saying and offers people fantastic possibilities at all ends of the employment spectrum. It is literally home to thousands of businesses.
6. Not just that, but London is at the centre of it all.
7. Living in East London means to can easily reach London City Airport, Stansted, Gatwick and Heathrow by public transport.
8. You are not far from the Eurostar either, meaning a city break in Europe couldn’t be much easier.
9. If you are thinking of moving your office locally, East London has offices spaces to rent of all shapes and sizes.
10. Lastly, East London has an incredible cultural and nightlife scene.
If you would like to chat about any properties I currently have for sale in East London, do give me a call.